universal 5432 Engines and Such Forums

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
universal 5432
Ray
Members
November 18, 2019 - 2:51 pm
Forum Posts: 4
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hello all, happy to have found this site. I am a new owner of 1979 Downeaster and new to sail boats so I have a large learning curve. I have been working on the various systems of the boat and will have many questions forthcomming no doubt.

So recently I came across this hole (after the original oil change) in the front of the engine and underway I noticed about a tablespoon of engine oil coming out of it. I have since changed and flushed the engine 3 times and added a remote drain and hose to the front of engine, previously the prior owners sucked the oil out od dipstick hole and could not get all of the oil out so the oil has been black as coal, and who knows what gunk may be in there, (the reason for the flushing) so changing the filters each flush and added 1 pint of diesel each for the first two flushes @ 30 seconds running and the last just oil then draind and refilled. so currently trying to upload a pic, hopefully. The picture of the preasure sending unit is another question I have. Previous owners mover the sending unit from under the starter, I think the oval thing to the left in pic is preasure alarm sensor? the black hose on right is open ended for what purpose I don't know. there were a few other mods I have been addressing, such as another temp sending unit installed where the block drain is supposed to be additional to the one at thermstat housing, and oh yes only about a pint of antifreeze drained out of the block when I removed the sensor, fortunatly didn't crack the block or blow a head gasket when bringing it home. Thank you for any thoughts you all may have. Ray..engine

DSCF0476.JPGImage Enlarger

screenshot-1.pngImage Enlarger

Print Friendly
sp_PlupAttachments Attachments
Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 120

Currently Online:
14 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon