DE38 for sale $23,900 Boats for Sale Forums

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
DE38 for sale $23,900
Scott Carle
Admin
August 6, 2011 - 9:32 am
Forum Posts: 1480
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

A member found this listing on floridaboats.net.. sounds like a potential steal. at a asking price of 23,900

letterhead jpg.JPG (12088 bytes)

Yacht Sales II.GIF (2491 bytes)

727-323-5300

email: sales@floridaboats.net   
1979 DOWNEAST 38’ CUTTER

LOA: 41’ 9”  LOD: 38’  LWL: 29’  BEAM: 11’ 10”  DRAFT: 4’ 11”
DISPLACEMENT: 19,500#  BALLAST: 8,000# (internal lead)
MAST HEIGHT: 49’  SAIL AREA: 721 sq ft
FUEL CAPACITY:  86 gallons in one 68 gallon and one 18 gallon tank
WATER CAPACITY: 100 gallons in two 50 gallon stainless steel tanks
DESIGNERS: Henry Morschladt and Bob Poole
BUILDER: Downeast Yachts; Irvine, CA

ENGINE: Universal three cylinder fresh water cooled 32 hp diesel engine.  Dual lever engine controls on binnacle.  Engine instruments in cockpit include tach, oil pressure, water temperature. Transmission rebuilt 2011.

ELECTRICAL:  12v system with two 12v batteries, selector switch and breaker panel.  110v system with shore power cord and 110v breaker panel.

SAILS AND RIGGING:  Cutter rigged.  Aluminum mast, booms and spreaders.  Mast stepped on deck.  Stainless steel standing rigging with double lower shrouds and baby stay.  Four to one purchase main sheet aft of cockpit.  Two Lewmar #40 self tailing genoa sheet winches, two Lewmar #8 halyard winches on mast, one Lewmar #8 main sheet winch in cockpit. Sails include new main, roller furling genoa, staysail.

ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT: Wheel steering with binnacle compass and guard, New electric head (needs installed) with holding tank, Manual and electric bilge pumps, Stainless steel bow and stern pulpits, Stainless steel stern mount swim ladder, Double life lines with gates port and starboard, Stainless steel davits, Anchor platform with double roller, CQR anchor with chain and rode, Bimini, Dodger, Cockpit cushions.

PROJECT BOAT: A lot of the boat has been done but needs completion. Tanks have been replaced, rebuilt transmission, new windows, re-upolstered,  new main, new bimini, bottom done and hull painted Jan. 2011. 

LOCATION:  St. Petersburg, FL                          PRICE: $23,900

Print Friendly
Scott Carle DE38 Cutter s/v Valkyr
popeyeloza
Members
August 22, 2011 - 5:43 pm
Forum Posts: 26

I just bought Misty Dawn for 23K and just can't get that smile off my face.  There were two others on the market at the time and both of those were in the low to mid forty's.  Thanks for the buyers market everyone,[Image Can Not Be Found]

Print Friendly
Mortyboy
Members
August 22, 2011 - 5:51 pm
Forum Posts: 6

popeyeloza said:

I just bought Misty Dawn for 23K and just can't get that smile off my face.  There were two others on the market at the time and both of those were in the low to mid forty's.  Thanks for the buyers market everyone,[Image Can Not Be Found]

Print Friendly
Mortyboy
Members
August 22, 2011 - 5:55 pm
Forum Posts: 6

Mortyboy said:

popeyeloza said:

Just for reference sake- this is Wunderlust- there are pictures on this site under the section 'The Boats'; DE38s', individual boats.  Congrats on Misty Dawn!  I'm sure it's in better condition than Wunderlust or you wouldn't be smiling.  Can you post some pics when you have time to the Boats section or have Scott move them to a profile for your boat?  We'd all love to see her!

Mike- looking hard but not yet finding- soon I hope.........

Print Friendly
popeyeloza
Members
August 22, 2011 - 6:25 pm
Forum Posts: 26

Sorry... It's... really... hard... to ... type and DANCE like a fool!

The owner had it listed at 27.5K but he needed a quick sale so I helped him out.

Yes, it is a 32.  I singlehand so this size is perfect for me.  Lots of the right gear aboard and being owned by and engineer for over 25 years shows in some of the details worked out.  She has been well used and love by a sailor, thank God.  She is in great shape other than the brightwork which is covered, I and I mean covered, thick with that, "C" product of which I should not mention the name of as I am to poor to sue.  Did I mention that he used it everywhere, in and out.  Poor guy must have really loved that stuff or a shareholder.  He did save a lot of money on tape I might add.

My scraper has just been sharpened and I have a date with a toe rail

Print Friendly
Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 120

Currently Online:
13 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming weswsimpson